Pursuant to the statement by the President of the Republic, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday 15th March, the MBDA will as of today, 17th March, implement contingency measures to limit the risks relating to the spread of COVID-19. The MBDA has established robust management controls and information technology systems that enable employees to be productive offsite, with efficient monitoring and reporting tools at their disposal.
MBDA COVID-19 responsive measures include:
- A task team has been established to monitor and advise management.
- Postponing or scaling down planned events at the Tramways building.
- Temporary shutdown of the Nelson Mandela Bay Science & Technology Centre.
- Liaising with relevant Rugby and Football authorities regarding NMB Stadium matches.
- Postponing or scaling down of non-bowl NMB Stadium events.
- Monitoring and tracking of staff utilizing public transport to work.
- Permission granted to relevant employees to work off-site.
Some of the cancelled NMB Stadium and Tramways events.
The following events have cancelled or postponed indefinitely:
- Fruits of Democracy networking event – Tramways, 20 March
- Love Story Night Market – Tramways, 26 March
- Damelin Graduation – Tramways, 01 April
- Gin Festival – Tramways, 27 April
- Southern Kings vs Edinburgh – NMB Stadium, 21 March
- Southern Kings vs Leinster – NMB Stadium, 27 March
The MBDA realizes the possible impact the spread of COVID-19 would have on operations and achievements of performance targets, hence the implementation of taking these proactive measures. As the President had mentioned, the health and wellbeing of all employees must be of paramount importance. Having said that, day to day operations will continue with reduced staff on a rotational basis. Stakeholders are advised to rather contact the MBDA via telephone on 041 811 8200 and will be directed to the relevant personnel, this in order to limit visitations to the Tramways building.
The MBDA urges all citizens to take the necessary precautionary measures currently being circulated on all platforms and to remain vigilant in the prevention of the spreading of the COVID-19 virus.
For more information, please contact MBDA Spokesperson, Luvuyo Bangazi on 041 811 8223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.