The MBDA was established as a municipal entity in 2003 as a joint initiative of the NMBM and the IDC. It is wholly owned by the NMBM.
The MBDA, represented by its Board of Directors, receives its mandate from the NMBM, acting through the Executive Mayor, the City Manager and the NMB Metropolitan Council. The Agency is contractually accountable to the NMBM, to which it delivers compliance reporting in respect of its key performance indicator (KPI) targets being achieved. The MBDA relies on the NMBM for service delivery direction in terms of its contractual obligations contained in the SDA, and on the political dispensation for its political mandate.
As controlling shareholder, the NMBM provides corporate governance-related support, such as sustainability and compliance reporting and review. The MBDA Board is responsible for providing strategic direction and guidance to management as well as ensuring oversight on corporate governance matters. The MBDA management is responsible for operational aspects in line with the strategic planning and mandate documents of the Agency as well as the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) of its parent municipality.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
NMB Stadium Manager
Acting Corporate Services Manager
Chief Risk & Compliance Officer
Facilities and Area Manager
Company Secretary/Board Legal Officer
Programmes Resources Allocation Manager (Operations)
Research, Innovation and Sustainability Manager
Human Resources Manager
Information Technology Manager
Risk and Compliance Manager
To develop an iconic world-class ocean city showcasing its diversity of people, culture, heritage and environment.
To become a knowledge based developmental agency that seeks to achieve social, spatial and economic transformation in Nelson Mandela Bay.
- To pioneer and implement people-centred catalytic programmes
- To create spaces and places that inspire and transform Nelson Mandela Bay
- Develop and promote a creative culture in Nelson Mandela Bay
- Socio-economic development: We must be an agent of positive social and economic change.
- Inclusivity: We strive to understand and meet the needs of our diverse stakeholders.
- Value for money: We aim to deliver value on public expenditure and real returns for our stakeholders.
- Integrity: We act with openness, transparency and respect.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our decisions and use of our resources.
- Collaboration: We work as a team and build partnerships as part of a wider team serving the city.
- Excellence: We continually seek ways to raise our standards.
- Innovation: We are open to new ideas and welcome our ideas being challenged.
- Sustainability: Everything we do makes optimal use of resources and has a lasting, positive impact.