The Mandela Bay Development Agency hereby calls for proposals from Nelson Mandela Bay based and registered non-Government, non-profit organizations, non-profit companies, Co-operatives a Community based organizations to apply for funding for this financial year 2021/2022.
The MBDA is committed to supporting initiatives in the various active mandate areas, or also referred to as precincts, these include New Brighton, Schauderville Korsten, Helenvale, Gqeberha and Kariega Central Business Districts, and Helenvale. Depending on availability of resources and the nature of support required, the MBDA will also consider all other areas in the broader Nelson Mandela Bay region.
Interested organisations are requested to provide detailed proposals for assistance, as well as submit the following compulsory documents:
- Valid registration with CIPCSA and list all active members and/or directors
- Valid registration with SASSA / DSD
- Must provide a minimum of two recommendation or reference letters from past funders or partners
MBDA CSI focus areas are:
• Social Entrepreneurship and innovation initiatives
• Arts, culture, and heritage promoting initiatives
• Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres and programs
• Education, capacity building and skills development
• Promoting environmental awareness and recycling initiatives
• Sport, healthcare, and wellness initiatives
• Communities affected by natural disasters
• Community initiatives aimed at reducing violence, drugs, women, and child abuses
• Bursary schemes aimed at greater inclusion in built, science and psychosocial sectors
Maximum funding available is R25 000.00 per application/organisation.
As per Board approved CSI policy, all submissions will be evaluated and processes by the CSI committee against the objectives and criteria contained in the policy. The CSI committee will make recommendations to MBDA EXCO for approval guided by the policy and the availability of resources.
Applications are open from 20 September 2021 and will close on 8 October 2021 at 12pm. Proposals should be sent via email to email@example.com. Alternatively, proposals can be dropped in a sealed box stationed at the security desk at the Tramways building.
No late applications will be accepted after 12pm on 8 October 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 8 November 2021, and the list will be published on the MBDA Website www.mbda.co.za. A copy of the MBDA CSI policy is also available at www.mbda.co.za/reports