(REF. No: HR/MBDA/20220101)
The main purpose of the position is to ensure the management of MBDA facilities and area management of designated MBDA mandate areas.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Areas:
• Provide input into the strategic direction of the MBDA (5-year strategic plan, annual business plan, performance plan).
• Contributing to the development goals and objectives of the MBDA
• Working in a multi-disciplinary team
• Develop and implementing a facility and area management strategy or programme.
• Area management (cleansing, waste management, recycling, security and informal traders).
• Oversee the maintenance of the MBDA’s completed upgrading projects.
• Managing and maintaining MBDA buildings and facilities
• Managing and overseeing relevant staff and service providers
• Budgeting and reporting.
• Develop and maintain stakeholder / customer relationships.
• Oversight and management of the EPWP programme
• Stakeholder and partnership management
For the above position, candidates must demonstrate the following key competencies:
• A bachelor’s degree / recognized qualification in Facilities Management (inclusive of Health & Safety) or City Centre Management or Operations Management or Security Management.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Facilities and / or Area management position.
• Management / supervision of staff and service providers
• Possess strong communication; interpersonal and leadership skills; analytical; influencing skills; pro-active approach and detail conscious.
• Project management, financial management, conflict management, community and public participation, technical maintenance.
• An understanding of City Management is required
• MFMP completion or studying towards MFMP. If the applicant is not MFMP competent, they will be required to complete the course within 12 months
• Driver’s license is essential
• Own transport is advantageous
This position is a permanent one with normal company benefits and salary package commensurate with experience and relevant tertiary qualifications. Please provide contact details of three (3) references which will be used to verify qualifications, experience and competence.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement; disclose his/her financial interests and undergo pre-employment screening, security vetting and competency assessments as part of the recruitment process.
The MBDA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the Employment Equity Act (55 of 1998). Previously disadvantaged individuals and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If no reply to your application is received within sixty (60) days from date of closing, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. For further information, visit www.mbda.co.za.