Tender Code : MBDA SP 21/20
Closing Date : 07/26/2021 12:00 PM
Compulsory Briefing Session date: Tuesday 06 July 2021 via Microsoft Teams @10:00
Due to Covid-19, all Bidders who will be attending the compulsory briefing session must confirm their
attendance by emailing such to email@example.com and quote the tender reference number by
09:00 on the day of the compulsory briefing session.
Bidders who are unable to join via Microsoft Teams must notify the MBDA via firstname.lastname@example.org
by 16:00 on the Friday before compulsory briefing session.
Bidders are urged to confirm attendance timeously. The onus is on bidders to ensure that
confirmation of attendance is sent by the deadline. Failure to do so may result in the invitation not
being sent to the bidders; and therefore, the bidder will not be eligible to bid for this tender. An
attendance register will be downloaded via Microsoft Teams and will be used to confirm attendance. No
attendee(s) joining after 10:15 will be allowed to tender.
The following pre-qualification criteria will apply to the proposal:
The Main Applicant must:
1. Be registered in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulation Act 56 of 2001.
2. In addition, the Main Applicants directors, shareholders, members, owners or trustees be registered in
terms of the Private Security Industry Regulation Act 56 of 2001.
3. Have proof of registration of its security staff in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulation Act 56
4. Have a certificate of good standing with the Private Security Sector Provident Fund.
5. Have a certificate of registration in terms of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases
Act 130 of 1993.
6. Have an ICASA License or an agreement with a duly registered ICASA License holder to use and
maintain a frequency.
7. Have proof of registration of its security staff in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulation Act 56
8. Have an existing and established office and a 24-hour control room.
9. Any Applicant failing to meet the pre-qualifying criteria stipulated above (numbers 1 to 8) will not be
10. The successful service provider within 14 days of appointment must submit proof of having public
liability insurance of not less than R 10 million.
Proposals MUST be submitted on one (1) original hard copy plus one (1) copy on a compact disk (CD or
USB) must be placed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked with the correct tender number.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT AN ORIGINAL HARD COPY PLUS ONE (1) COPY ON A COMPACT DISK (CD
OR USB) WILL DEEM THE BID NON-RESPONSIVE. All responses must be placed in the MBDA tender
box marked MBDA SP 21/20 on the closing date as stated above on the 1st Floor,
Tramways Building, Corner Lower Valley Road & South Union Street, Central, Port Elizabeth. Bids may
only be submitted on bid documentation provided by the MBDA.